We run training courses throughout the year at a range of venues. Occasionally, we will offer the opportunity to learn and develop skills while we work on our own projects- this is ideal for those thinking of a career change or those branching out into conservation work. We also offer courses at your own property with a view to essential repair and maintenance, and DIY lime skills, using the most appropriate materials for your property.
The courses we offer are:
- An introduction to lime
- Hotmixed mortars and plasters
- Basic property repair and maintenance
All courses have a refresher section focusing on the basics of using lime, as well as health and safety precautions while you're with us on site. Depending on the course, you will learn to a lesser or greater extent about the topics below:
- The theory and science behind using lime in pre- 1919 and sustainable builds
- The composition of mortars and plasters
- The benefits of natural and sustainable materials
- The differences between putty mixes, NHLs and formulated limes, hotmixes and matured hot mixed materials
- Preparation and prevention
- Gauging and mixing
- Application and husbandry
We offer beginner and developing level courses, often available as a consecutive 2 day block (Day 1 - Beginners, Day 2- Developing), so you can choose to come to the most appropriate day, or come to both and maximise your learning.
Details of courses will be listed here as time allows, but for the most up to date details, check out our facebook page.
We are fully insured and qualified to provide training. To ensure our training is able to respond to the needs of learners, and any particular queries or topics you may want to look into, we limit our group size to 6.
To enquire or book on to any of our courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .